- First reality, internships are everything. I had two internships while in college. The last one turned into my current job. I am a Marketing Manager for a small software company.
- Second reality, when finding an apartment always have a plan B. My plan B had to turn into my plan A. However my plan A was meant to be! I even had movers thrown in for free, and it’s the perfect apartment for me and my puppy.
- Third reality, dogs are a lot of work and money. I have a golden Labrador named Bella. She is 10 months old and still growing! Bella got up close and personal with a hornet and she had to go to the puppy ER at 3 am on a Monday night! Not a cheap adventure…
- Fourth reality, living is expensive. I found that my shopaholic ways had to subside if I cared to eat. Even being an electricity nazi has not helped my budget.
- Fifth reality, laundry is not overrated. It really is important when you are single. (Figuratively speaking.) I learned the luxury of a dryer as I have been living without one for 3 months now. Imagine hang-drying every item you own…socks, panties, jeans. I now have a dryer but my boyfriend has not hooked it up amidst 3 failed attempts.
More reality checks to come…Being on your own at 21 years old really is a reality check!